How Our Wheelchair Program is Different
- All of our wheelchairs are specially designed and custom fit for children with Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- We don’t just donate wheelchairs – we train local therapists on how to adapt the wheelchairs as the children grow
- Our team includes an occupational therapist with many years of experience with cerebral palsy
- We don’t assume that everyone needs a wheelchair. Families are asked if they want and would use a wheelchair. Sometimes other seating is more suitable to a family’s needs
- Purchase a wheelchair for a Vietnamese child for only $350 (CDN) and get a tax receipt !
- Purchase NOW by going to the donate side-bar seen on the left of this page !
How a Wheelchair Makes a Difference
A wheelchair brings independence not only to the child but also to the parents and caregivers. This mother came to our clinic with her son who has autism as well as CP.
They came by motorbike and she had to carry him when moving him during the clinic. You could see the mother struggling with the boy and the frustration they were both experiencing as he acted out.
In the home, the only place the parents have to put the child is on the bed, unless they are holding him.
This is the photo taken right after the boy received his wheelchair. You not only see joy on the boys face but relief on the part of the mother.